Tuesday, August 26, 2008

ABOUT ME + INSPIRATION

okay...
Since I hate blogging, I don't know what to write but I'll do my best :(

-ABOUT ME-
My name is Mika Hong, and this is my last semester in csun. <3 I am korean (raised in Japan). I moved to the U.S. 8 years ago. I spent first two years in Hawaii, one year in Lancaster, one and half year in Portland, and finally I moved to L.A. for University. ...

I really don't know what else to write.
I feel like deleting this blog rite now. lol

hope no one cares about my grammar. haha

well, all I can say is I love art. I always wanted to be an artist since I was little. I used to learn painting when I was in elementary school, but surrounded by so many talented kids, I gave up. (I'm not a good painter after all) however, I took a design class in Santa Monica College (although my major was psychology) and I realized that I'm not that BAD. So I decided to be a graphic designer and I LOVE it. so that's it about me.

-what inspired me to be a designer-

As I wrote earlier, I always wanted to be an artist, but I just didn't have confidence. Dali inspired me a alot. I always wanted to make something that communicate with people (just like his paintings.) but there's no way i can get a job like that.
Through my boyfriend, i got to know this major, and i just wanted to do it.

addidas' "impossible is nothing" was my first inspiration.
(well, i wasn't a graphic designer that time, but I always wanted to make a poster like this)


so, I am highly interested in advertising field.



thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

Joe Bautista said...

we will have plenty of opportunities in this class to put your advertising ideas to form.

btw: please allow anonymous comments so we dont always have to log in

Kelly Rose said...

I like that ad. Hey you're Korean, raised in Japan, like Crystal Kay!